Friday 30 August 2013

August 29 - 30, 2013 boat haul out projects --- OH NO !!


first of all we have no pictures of yesterday..... because it was not a nice night or day ... winds gusting to 25 and from the north, which meant it was coming into the anchorage that we were at on Backman Island, and the mooring rode kept hitting one of our 2 anchors, that kept Joe up and down all night long, thinking that some one was on the boat ... BUT who in their right mind would be out in this weather ...  so that was yesterday ... 

I missed talking to this skipper of the " Junk" that was anchored close to us back in Mahone Bay, I am still kicking my self .. they are from the U.S.A. , we have seen them two times before on the water, this time they are sailing out past us at our mooring  ... and all I can yell to them is "you have a beautiful boat "... but I wanted more information  ...  I hope they are staying close this weekend !!!!


back to boat chores ... my job is to finish sanding and varnishing the back rail, the weather today was still not the best, but I did get one coat on ...


have you ever started a maintenance job and wished you had never started it in the first place ... well 
that was this job .....   then the skipper spied what I was doing and he said I did a fantastic job and I could continue  to do the rest of the scraping and varnishing on the rest of the boat's wood work . OMG no way !!!


while I was doing my outside work the skipper decided to finish up the motor insulation  ... but this one was above the motor ... which meant moving , tying, etc. pipes and hoses ... (I think he also wished he had not started this job) .....


side wall and top step insulated

another side wall insulated


okay it is our batteries for the refrigeration unit ..


the mess that the skipper made, to do his projects ... and it took 3 hours plus , 


the old lead insulation we took out .....  


salon back to normal ... we took another 4 bags of garbage to the dock, because of our jobs, we also paid for our fresh water showers,  .. but got to load up our gallon jugs of water for free.

we have a problem , our  fresh water tanks are not large enough,  another project Skipper !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment